Reading and managing mails
When you first login, your inbox is automatically displayed. To view an email, simply click on the subject. The selected email will be highlighted and the entire message will get loaded on the screen. Bold messages are new or unread. Messages you have already looked at will be in un-bolded text. To view a different folder, just click on the name of the folder you want to view. The options for each folder work the same as your inbox. Let’s go through what each of the buttons will do:
- Compose – This is the button you would click on to compose, write, or send a new email. When you click on this button, you will be sent to a new page to type out your email, subject, senders etc.
- Reply – This is the reply button. It will automatically set up the composition page with the information necessary to reply to the sender of the selected message.
- Reply All – This is just like the reply button, but it’s used when the selected email is addressed to more the one person and you want to reply to everyone, not just the person who sent the message.
- Forward – This will forward the selected message, and direct you to the composition page to enter your recipient.
- Delete – No points for guessing. Clicking on this button will delete the selected/current message and move it to the trash folder. If you wish to permanently delete a message you will have to either Empty the trash folder or select the message explicitly and delete it.
- Set Colour – You can mark individual emails by a specific color, so that these emails would be easier to access/filter if needed in the future.
- Archive – You can archive individual emails so they can be accessed at a later date if needed.
- Actions – This button will gives you the option to mark an email or multiple emails as Read, Unread, Flagged or Unflagged.
Note: You may return to the current folder anytime either by clicking on the Back button or selecting that particular folder from the Email navigation page.
Mark messages as read/unread
Marking a particular email or a selected set of emails as read or unread is part of the “Actions” – the 3 parallel sign icon button available with
the webmail. Each action has its own significant impact on the listed email. After you have selected emails upon which an action is to be performed, you have the following list of actions to chose from:
- Mark as read/unread – Marks the selected email/s as read/unread, depending on the current state of the email.
- Move/Copy – You can either move or copy an email from one folder to another.
- Print – This can be used to print the email.
- Save as file – You can also save the email as a file on your local machine.
- View source – You can check the headers of your email using this option.
- Reminder – You can set specific reminders for any email for a later.
- Add to portal – You can add any particular email to the Webmail Portal.